I always say that I have have the best job in the world... I get to document people's lives, and provide them memories that are cherished for lifetimes. My goal is to capture the the true emotions that tell your story. Please take a look through blog and contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Monday, January 26, 2009

A New Year

So its a new year... well 1 month down, but who's counting? First, let me give you the run down on what I have been up to in the past two weeks...
1)I got LASIK surgery on Thursday... can still see, still recovering, ask me in 3 months if it was worth it ;-)
2) Went to a huge photographer get together put on by Armin Defiesta which was AWESOME!
3) Went to Sarasota, FL on a 1 day business trip and missed seeing Bruce Springsteen by a few hours!! (Bummer, I know, but I did get to stay at the Ritz Carlton, fancy...)

Next I wanted to write down a few of my Goals for 2009...
1) Book and shoot 35 paid Portrait sessions- a bit lofty but I think I can do it
2) Second Shoot for 15 weddings (I can count on all my new photographer friends to help me out with this, right?!!)
3) Shoot 5 of my own weddings
4) Become an official LLC (Done!), Get official business cards (Done!), and get my website up(almost done, within the next week!)...
5) Make lots of new photographer friends (working on it!)

I only have 11 months to go, but I know with the help of my devoted readers and a little (I mean lot) of elbow grease, it can happen!

Since I know that people don't actually read posts and only skim for pics, I posted a pic from my last wedding below...
Wedding3

4 comments:

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Those are some awesome goals Emily! You are already doing so great. I can't wait to hear about all the adventures you have this year! and I love the picture of Todd. It's a classic!

Natalie Franke said...

Your blog is awesome!! Haha.. I'm looking for a better template myself.. I did that entirely on my own & I feel like it shows.. Haha!

Anonymous said...

Great goals for 2009.

Love the shot, there's always a kid at a wedding that just gives the perfect shot if you're watching. Great work.

Anonymous said...

Who told you that no one reads blogs. You make it easy to want to read. Great job!!!