I always say that I have have the best job in the world... I get to document people's lives, and provide them memories that are cherished for lifetimes. My goal is to capture the the true emotions that tell your story. Please take a look through blog and contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Monday, June 9, 2008

So much to Do/Learn

So right now I am moving full steam ahead in my photography endeavors. Right now I have 6 photo shoots in the pipeline for the next few weeks, in an effort to get as much practice as possible (after all that is the only way once can improve). I am trying my hand at learning Photoshop, and just started delving into Adobe Light Room (AWESOME PROGRAM!!). I am trying to develop a temporary web site (a place to house my portfolio, display my price list, and explain who I am), a logo, eventually business cards, and also try to gain experience in other genres besides Children's Photography (Seniors, Weddings, Engagement, and Animals!!). I am hoping to become an apprentice for a wedding photographer (let me know if you have any suggestions of ones in the DC area I could contact), and am hoping to start charging for my services some July. There are many things to do and to think about, but as my husband keeps telling me, I need to take it one step at a time. Well things in my life are busy, but fun, and I appreciate everyone who has helped me so far!! (Note: If you know someone that is looking is in need of having newborn (1-2 weeks old) , engagement, senior, or pregnancy photos taken, please pass along my info. I am not taking on any more children's shoots at this time, but will be offering a discounted portfolio building rate come July)
Emily Hayes

0 comments: