I always say that I have have the best job in the world... I get to document people's lives, and provide them memories that are cherished for lifetimes. My goal is to capture the the true emotions that tell your story. Please take a look through blog and contact me if you have any questions. I look forward to hearing from you!

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My First Assignment

Well last week I started a 10 week photography course. I have been in the process of teaching myself photography for a while now, and thought it would be a good idea if I had formal instructions and feedback from a professional. I am excited for the class and know that it will only help me gain a greater understanding of photography. This week we had our first assignment, to shoot flowers. Now this sounds easy enough, but it took me a lot longer than I expected. First, I had to find the flowers. Thanks to my wonderful Mother and Father in Law (I was visiting SC this weekend), I was able to find these gems... The one stipulation of the class is that they could not be edited, so these are straight out of the camera:
flowers
flowers
flowers
flowers
flowers
Now we will just have to wait to see what my teacher thinks!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are amazing. I knew you had a gift but I can see your talent really blossoming. (no pun intended)
Mom

Anonymous said...

I love the flower pics. Particularly the first one! The colors are great and the photos look so crisp and clear.

Diana said...

Gorgeous! I love Day Lily's they are one of my favorite flowers. I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you about the caffee family pics, I can't get a strait answer from my MIL. I know it will happen though. I will make it happen :)

Katz said...

your depth of field is awesome! good job!